Meet the Blogger

Monday 8 April 2013

WORLD OF BACKUPS


Laugh it out!
It was indeed nice to get recharged after a cool weekend. The weather was truly great but if I said ‘cool’, then you must be the extra lucky ones with the air-conditioners and air-coolers at top speed and uninterrupted power supply.

Well, I was not all that fortunate as I stay on the top floor of a three storied building. I was forced into a sauna bath as the locality was plunged into darkness several times during the prime hours of the evening – courtesy, Delhi power supply! And thanks to them for retaining my slim figure!

However, within minutes most houses in the neighbourhood came back to life with a variety of roaring as well as silent gen-sets.

As I came out to the terrace to feel the cool evening breeze, a zany old man from the opposite balcony noticed beads of sweat trickling down from my forehead and asked me, “Son, why don’t you get a backup for your room…?” Well, the word ‘Backup’ got me so obsessed that I kept on wondering the whole night until I went into a deep slumber!

The next morning I woke up but realized I could not get the hang of that word. Backup here, backup there, backup everywhere and that’s how I came up with this scrap!

The lexicon meaning of backup is to give support, help or encouragement to. Initially, essential services such as radio stations, television stations and hospitals were equipped with a backup power supply to provide seamless services.

Gradually with the change in times, such backup systems came to dominate in the business establishments, educational institutions, offices and domestic sectors.

Whether in Hollywood or Bollywood there is another version of ‘backups’. Here we have backup dancers, backup actors and backup singers.

Similarly, several organisations have adopted backup trainers, backup quality control analysts (QCA) and backups of all hues.

At our office we have the high-tech power backup systems to take care whenever the power distribution companies (DISCOMS) plays prank! There is a dedicated power supply for the lights and cooling systems while another specialized backup to power the central server for ensuring continuous internet connectivity at all workstations.

Keeping such logic in mind, a thought came up and was wondering if this could be taken a step further!? How about backup spouses, backup fiancés, backup boy friends and girl friends!!??

Hey there, if I sound nutty please excuse me but I am sane. Just find out which backup suites you the best!



No comments:

Post a Comment