Meet the Blogger

Friday 21 June 2024

Aerial Odyssey: Guwahati to Delhi

 Capturing the Glittering Cities & Breathtaking View from Above

Starting my journey from Guwahati to Delhi, I was instantly captivated by the unfolding experiences. In the hot and humid weather of Guwahati, boarding the aircraft felt like a refreshing escape, as I was one of the first to enjoy the cool relief of the airplane's air conditioning. The AC vents were emitting visible ice vapours, hinting at the soothing journey ahead. After tucking away my bag in the overhead cabin luggage compartment, I settled into my seat, enjoying the rare luxury of empty seats beside me as passengers gradually boarded.

Boarding
Upon arriving at the airport, I received news of a 45-minute flight delay. With time to spare, I decided to label my check-in luggage as 'Fragile: Handle With Care' to protect its contents. Despite not having the necessary supplies, I was dertimined to mark my bag. After a couple of unsuccessful attempts, a kind young lady from the Assam Police came to my rescue. She not only provided me with a white sticker and a sketch pen but also restored my faith in helpfulness and compassion. Her gesture left me overwhelmed with gratitude.

As the aircraft taxied towards the runway, I began documenting the sights around me. Another plane trailed behind, its red, blue and white lights flashing in the dusk. With a gentle drag and thrust, our aircraft ascended into the sky, the intricate movement of its wings plates captivating my attention.

Glittering City

While the video may be slightly out of focus, the vibrant lights at Guwahati Airport, also known as Lokopriya Gopinath Bordoloi International (LGBI) Airport, create a spectacular 'bokeh' effect, appealing to artistic photographers and videographers.

Climbing to a very high altitude, the aircraft executed a sharp 90-degree turn to the left, revealing the glittering lights of Guwahati below. This breathtaking sight filled me with awe, and I did my best to capture it on my mobile phone, mindful not to miss a single detail. The aircraft's movement as it orbited the glittered city below, resembling a drone camera capturing every detail, was a sight to behold. I imagined how much more spectacular the view would have been from a seat ahead of the wings, allowing me to capture the scene with even greater clarity.

Blueish Hue
Engaging with the fellow passengers around me, I found myself in a humourous situation. As I aimed my phone at the window to capture the stunning view, other passengers, perhaps intrigued by my actions, began to follow suit. It was as if my endeavour had sparked a sudden interest in capturing the beauty outside, creating a light-hearted moment of shared curiosity. However, as quickly as it appeared, the cityscape vanished as the aircraft made another sharp turn, this time to the right, and continued its journey into the stratosphere.

Later, we discussed the beauty of aerial views, local cuisine, and travel destinations. As we chatted, my fellow passengers shared captivating stories and visuals from their travels. One passenger, a middle-aged lady, delighted us with tales of her visit to Tawang and Kaziranga, showing stunning clips of these picturesque destinations. She also proudly displayed her finds from a state government cooperative store in Guwahati, including exquiste Assam silk, intricate cane and bamboo decor, 
and unique local delicacies like tiny green chili pickles which she had stored inside her check-in baggage. Her stories and souvenirs painted a vivid picture of the rich culture and beauty of Assam.
 
As we approached New Delhi, I captured another cityscape before landing at Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport. Although the video may not be professional-grade due to the scratches on the windowpanes and lowlight conditions, it captures the essence of the journey--a mix of excitement, 
Cityscape En Route
wonder, and the joy of exploration. The experience serves as a reminder of the beauty that surrounds us, even at 30,000 feet above the ground. 

If you've ever had a similar experience flying from Guwahati to Delhi or soared above the Indian landscape, you know the magic of seeing familiar places from a bird's eye view. Share your own airborne adventures or dreams of flight in the comments below -I'd love to hear them!

Finally, immerse into a mesmerising aerial journey with me as we orbit over the sparkling cityscape of Guwahati, resembling a scene from a dream. Witnesss the dance of city lights below, painting a surreal picture against the backdrop of the night sky. Discover the beauty of Guwahati from a whole new perspective in the video below.

 Follow/Subscribe   TimesView Blogspot



No comments:

Post a Comment